Friday 20 March 2015

Varsity!

Varsity is an annual sporting competition traditionally held between two 'rival' Universities in the same local area; for example between Leeds and Leeds Met, Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam, and Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire. It is a day to look forward to in the calendar, great atmosphere, great social and some great sport! 

Beds and Herts compete in a wide variety of sports from traditional games like football, rugby and netball to ultimate frisbee, dodgeball and futsal. I managed to go around and get some photos of the day to give you an idea of the atmosphere and what goes on, but as I was playing myself most of my time was taken up playing Badminton. The two Universities take turns to host the event and this year it was UoBs turn! Check out some news articles here: http://www.bedssu.co.uk/articles and here is a BullsTV video on Varsity 2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fSfegP4LAw 







#BedsvsHerts #varsity
(Music - David Guetta - Toy Story)

Next week I will be interviewing a few first year Sport and PE students in my PAL session to see how their first year has been!

No comments:

Post a Comment